HCGi is an employee-owned company specializing in technology solutions for government and education customers. We work with our customers to review the latest technology, generating quotes to help achieve their project goals. Our customer service reps support our Account Managers who have decades of experience in the computer industry. Ninety-five percent of our customers are repeat customers. We take our commitment to excellence very seriously and pledge to our customers to consistently deliver the right products and quality services at the best value. We also believe in a work/life balance.
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative in our Columbia MD office. It is a salary-based position and includes bonus opportunities. We also offer health, dental, vision insurance and 401K match.
- Support outside sales team with information and quotations provided by the manufacturer
- Answer incoming phone calls from Account Managers, customers, and distributors
- Manage new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Work with HCGi field sales and sales management to address specific account needs
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Talk to vendors about products, negotiate pricing, check availability, research alternative products
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
- Develop excellent working relationships with distributors and manufacturers
Job Requirements / Desired Skills:
- Bachelor / Associate Degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience working in an IT marketing or customer service environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Multitasking with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with superior problem solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to create outstanding customer relationships
- Ability and desire to respond to and resolve customer problems and complaints
- Knowledge of / ability to learn key business software applications
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Computer Hardware Software knowledge / experience preferred
HCGi Hartford, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Salary: Starting USD 40000 Per Year
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Please forward resume and cover letter by e-mail to (no calls or agencies please): HR@HCGI.COM